Search This Blog

Friday, February 3, 2017

The Chronicles V – Pet

the-mexican-horse-thief-cats-amanzimtotii30
Johannesburg airport, I have not been back to Gauteng for more than 5 years and the airport has grown. As have no idea what Vaughn’s mother-in-law looks like, I ask a couple of older women if they know Vaughn. They look at me like I am mad. I phone Karen, she phones Vaughn; he phones his mother-in-law and then calls Karen back. The lady is apparently waiting in the International Arrivals area. That is not too bright, last I looked Cape Town was in South Africa; therefore I am in Domestic Arrivals area. I will find out later why she was there. The airport is huge; I walk to the area where this woman is waiting. I find an older lady sitting in the lounge, she smells like whiskey. I establish that she is indeed Vaughn’s mother-in-law, her name is Pet. I kid you not. Her voice is gravelly from whiskey and cigarettes. She is friendly enough and talks a lot, she has also lost the vehicle, she cannot remember where she parked it. We eventually find it; fortunately it is one of Vaughn’s companies Isuzu bakkies, so it has the company name and logo all over it, thank goodness.

Of Interest

Please do check out my page and if you decide to “like” it, I shall be well pleased.
Short Story
THE MEXICAN HORSE THIEF I – ANGOLA 
NEW
Platform for all your Classified Ads
Collectors Items
Military Books Available 
Rhodesian and South African Bush War
dfd-2

No comments:

Post a Comment